Along with the extension of the ban on Russian websites and social networks, Ukraine has imposed sanctions against museums, universities, scientific institutions and public organizations of the Russian Federation.
This is stated in the decision of the National Security and Defense Council of May 14 «On the application, cancellation and amendments to personal special economic and other restrictive measures (sanctions)», introduced by the decree of President Volodymyr Zelensky.
According to the document, sanctions for a period of 3 years are imposed on the following institutions and organizations:
•Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tatarstan;
• All-Russian public organization «Russian Geographical Society»;
• State Hermitage;
• State Museum of Fine Arts named after A. Pushkin;
• Institute of Archeology of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
• Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education «Lomonosov Moscow State University»;
• Tula State Pedagogical University. L. N. Tolstoy;
• Institute for the History of Material Culture of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
• Institute of Oriental Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
• Historical and Archaeological Museum-Reserve «Scythian Naples» (Simferopol);
• Black Sea Underwater Research Center (Simferopol);
• Crimean Regional Center for Archaeological Research (Simferopol);
• Research and Production Center «Crimean Archaeological Society» (Simferopol);
• Tauride Archaeological Society (Simferopol);
• Crimean Federal University named after V. I. Vernadsky (Simferopol);
• Institute of Archeology of Crimea RAS;
• autonomous non-profit organization Scientific and Educational Center for Paleoethnological Research;
• Scientific and educational center «Arkhe» (St. Petersburg);
• Southern Regional Center for Archaeological Research (Krasnodar);
• LLC «Terra» (engaged in the study of monuments of all archaeological periods);
• Autonomous non-profit organization «Underwater Cultural Heritage» (Sevastopol);
• Charitable Foundation (BF) «Demetra» (helps to preserve and popularize the cultural, historical and archaeological heritage of Kerch and Eastern Crimea);
• CF «Heritage of Millennia» (Simferopol).
Ukraine has introduced restrictive measures to the listed legal entities, among which are the following:
1. blocking of assets — a temporary limitation of the right of a person to use and dispose of his property;
2. preventing the withdrawal of capital from Ukraine;
3. suspension of performance of economic and financial obligations;
4. cancellation or suspension of licenses and other permits, the receipt (availability) of which is a condition for certain activities, in particular the use of subsoil;
5. termination of cultural exchanges, scientific cooperation, educational and sports contacts, entertainment programs with foreign states and foreign legal entities;
6. cancellation of official visits, meetings, negotiations on the conclusion of contracts or agreements.